If you are looking for how much does it cost to replace a central air conditioning unit in Trenton, the graph below will be of great service. Central air conditioning (A/C) units have their hot air output exterior to the building, and their cooling air ducted to interior climate zones. Refrigeration tubing and electrical circuitry will pass through the building envelope.
You will find that the cost of average central A/C varies by type of unit, its cooling capacity and efficiency rating, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
Other considerations and costs
• Taxes and permit fees are not included.
• Energy efficient A/C will save money, and in some cases rebates may be available.
• For A/C units of greater than 12,000 BTU’s per hour (or 3.5 kilowatts) a multi-phase electrical circuit is generally required.
• For a sunny room, add 10% more A/C capacity than required for room size.
• Add 600 BTU/h’s per person if usually occupied by more than two persons.
• For the kitchen, add 4,000 more BTU/h’s than required for room size.
• During the initial inspection, the contractor should inform the homeowner of any and all necessary modification or upgrade on electrical circuits or building structure.
• Labor cost will rise with a “hidden” circuit installation in a finished environment.